Sunday, April 18, 2010

Help paying to finish college

I am less than a year away from finishing my bachelor’s degree in accounting, and have run out of federal student loan availability. I do not qualify for private student loans, as we had a foreclosure a few years ago when I lost my job and the ARM loans started going crazy for everyone. I can’t even qualify with a co-signer. I’m trying (desperately) to find scholarship/grant opportunities. I am supposed to start a new class in 2 weeks, but I have to come up with $1,675 first. My new Pell money comes in June or July and will help somewhat, then I’ll be a few thousand short of the rest of my program. Any suggestions on help for the meantime? Any benevolent benefactors out there who just want the satisfaction of seeing a mom finish her degree and return to the workforce?

No comments: